We’re going to launch a fresh contest! This modeling contest is going to get everyone involved and help us to really stretch ourselves and learn new things. Here are the details:
We chose “Low Poly” as the subject for the contest, which will give you lots of room to play with. So here’s what to do: Find something you want to model, and create it in Low Polygon style. Here is a post I put up that has a lot of low poly resources and ideas: https://www.thepixellab.net/free-c4d-models-santa-reindeer-poly
and here’s a really cool image I found to give you some inspiration. This is by Olly Moss at ollymoss.com
I think it will be a really fun contest to try some different styles besides just regular realistic hard surface modeling.
The winner will get one 3D model pack of their choice from The Pixel Lab. I will package up the best entries and I will make them available for free download on my website!
1. You have one month to create your model/models. Entries must be submitted by August 31st.
2. Your submission must include: The C4D project file with textures and at least one high resolution render of the model. Everything should be in a .zip file that is e-mailed or sent to [email protected]
3. You must model, texture and light your scene.
4. Do not use copyrighted materials, such as logos, textures, images etc. that you do not own. Use sites like cgtextures.com or sxc.hu etc. for free images to use while texturing or create your own. We will be sharing the models with everyone, so they can’t have copyrighted material, plugins etc. in them or they will be disqualified.
5. By submitting a model you are granting permission for me to give the models away for free if you win. These models can be used by the community for commercial or personal use.
6. If possible, don’t make your objects editable, so that people can see how you modeled it, learn from it, and make any changes they need to easily.
If you have any questions, let me know. Otherwise, good luck, and happy modeling!