In this video I’ll share my 2 cents on the new Videocopilot Element 3D plugin. Gamechanger? Overrated? Please comment below!
Want to purchase? Toolfarm has an extra 5% off in addition to it’s previous discount.
This applies to every Videocopilot product. Use the code: VCSUMMER12
David over at beckmotion.com sent me a link to a tutorial he created the other day, and I thought it was incredibly useful and well done. He gave me permission to share it with you guys. If you’re just getting used to Element, and are having problems bringing my 3D models into it, this tutorial will help clarify some workflow issues you need to be aware of. Thanks David for a very helpful tutorial!
This is an interesting day for me! Almost exactly one year ago I wrote an article for Fuel Your Motionography about the first images from the plugin Element by Videocopilot. My article boasted some pretty big claims about the future of 3D in After Effects based on this plugin. Today is judgement day! Today we find out if my predictions came true or not.
From the pre-release videos, it looks like this plugin is absolutely visionary and revolutionary. Now, the only thing that remains is to get this plugin, put it through it’s paces, and find out how much of a game changer this really is. I’m pumped up! I’m excited to hear your thoughts on it as well. Please let me know in the comments your thoughts and your experiences and you start playing with it. As I wrote in the conclusion of my article last year: “This is an excited time in our industry. It certainly can be overwhelming to keep up with all the changes, but at the end of the day, if you look back and think about all the things you used to say to yourself: “Man, I wish we could do this,” and “Man, this feature would be so nice right now!” Well, those things are all happening! And I for one, am pumped up to be in this industry as we move forward towards the goal of having more freedom to create while spending less time fighting software into submission.” I hope this is a step in that direction.
Please enter the url to a Vimeo video.
In this C4D and After Effects Tutorial I’ll show you a very quick and easy way to set up your depth passes correctly so you can do your DOF in After Effects. This workflow will make it much easier, faster and more flexible to work with depth of field. I’ll show you two ways to use your depth pass, the free Camera Lens Blur and a plugin called Frischluft Lenscare.
Check out the plugin here for the best prices: bit.ly/MzicrM
Here is the shot using Frischluft Lenscare
Here is the shot using the free Camera Lens Blur
In this tutorial I’ll show you how to use Trapcode Echospace. This plugin is basically the equivalent of the Cloner Object, a Shader effector and a Random Effector all in one for After Effects! If you haven’t used it before, it will revolutionize the way you think about working in After Effects. And if you create infographics, this plugin is a must have. You can buy it here: bit.ly/IPiigT or buy the Trapcode Suite for a big discount here: bit.ly/IHj3HP
In this Cinema 4D and After Effects tutorial I’ll show you how to use Revision Effect’s Re:Map to replace a C4D UV Multipass with a 2D image in After Effects. This is such a powerful technique and I’m really excited about it!
I have had a bunch of people ask for a list of the best free and paid plugins, presets and scripts for C4D so I thought I would compile my favorites into a post. If you have any that you really like, please put them in the comments so we can generate a nice list of resources for everyone!
Free C4D Plugins, Presets and Scripts
1. Adaptive Cloner Script: This free script allows you to space your clones automatically so you don’t have to continually re-adjust them. See my tutorial here: http://bit.ly/zosWdn Get the script here: http://bit.ly/wPSnig
5. Bridge Maker Preset: Create bridges with numerous architectural changes with only a few clicks. Get the preset here: http://bit.ly/w7gINl
6. Drop To Floor Plugin: A great utility plugin that drops any selected object to sit perfectly on the floor coordinates. Huge time saver. Get it here: http://bit.ly/eYoKnw
8. Hangover Plugin: A really nice render notification plugin which will notify you via e-mail or mobile device, and can be customized to shut down your computer, log out or put it to sleep after completing a render. See my tutorial here: http://bit.ly/A6Hboa Get the plugin here: http://bit.ly/o8yW8t
9. Ivy Generator: A really cool plugin for making vines and ivy growth. Get it here: http://bit.ly/zq8h6
11. Magic Snow Generator: Instant snow generator. The snow actually piles up on objects which is awesome! Get it here: http://bit.ly/tZSz9t
14. Shadow Catcher Plugin: A plugin that sets up your scene so you can easily render an object’s shadow along with it. See my tutorial here: http://bit.ly/wtVXUF Get the plugin here: http://bit.ly/lJO2Wd
16. Solo Objects Button: A nice utility plugin that replicates the solo eye ball switch in After Effects. Can be a lifesaver! See my review here: http://bit.ly/vGjfYc Get the plugin here: http://bit.ly/zo8uO8
19. Unfolding Polygons Script: A really nice script that helps you set up your scene so you can create the unfolding polygon effect. See my tutorial here: http://bit.ly/xlZWC0 Get the plugin here: http://bit.ly/Aai8bn
20. Voxel Effect: A great way to make pixel art. Get the plugin here: http://bit.ly/y5YzLv
C4D Plugins, Presets and Scripts for Sale
2. HDRI Light Kit Pro: This Greyscalegorilla kit is clutch for lighting models. Complete with a bunch of studio presets, this is the best kit for stunning and easy renders! Check it out here: http://bit.ly/wnM3Bo
3. HDRI Studio Pack: Professionally light your renders with 70 HDRI studio images and presets. Get the plugin here: http://bit.ly/yMzQx8
4. MovieType: This software is a huge time saver when animating titles/text. Check out my review here: http://bit.ly/r2jNBM or go to the Motionworks site to get more details here: http://bit.ly/1oPdP2c
5. Nitroblast: The best plugin for fracturing, demolishing and obliterating your objects! Check out my multi-part training series on my blog: http://bit.ly/As3vul Get the plugin here: http://bit.ly/ls8Gny
Supplemental Plugins for After Effects Post Work
1. Foundry Camera Tracker: The cheapest way to track live footage in AE. The ability to quickly bring this 3D data into C4D is awesome! Check out my two part training series on this workflow here: http://bit.ly/wq4iOr Get the plugin here: http://bit.ly/AccC0g
2. Reel Smart Motion Blur: The best way to add motion blur in After Effects. This is the best and quickest way to add motion blur by far. See my training here: http://bit.ly/oXisyo Get the plugin here: http://bit.ly/xrqZz8
Hope you guys found some nice resources here. If you have any more great plugins to add, let me know, and I will continue to add to this list. Thanks!
In this quick tip, I’ll show you a way to set up your scene so that you can easily manipulate the colors of C4D objects in After Effects. It’s a really nice technique if you have multiple spots that need different colors using the same render. If that situation comes up for you, this will save you tons of time! To check out the Video Production Pack go to thepixellab.net/video-production-pack