Happy December everyone! I finally finished a massive freelance project, so hopefully will have more time for the blog now. I saw these awesome free models yesterday and wanted to share with you, since it’s the holiday season now!
Demafleez.com is sharing these fantastic low-poly Santa, Reindeer and Sleigh models for free! They’re completely rigged too, which is sweet! Make sure to thank him for being so generous. These are for C4D, commercial or personal use.
The low-poly look is very popular right now, and is really fun to play around with. If you want to learn more, here are some great resources:
1. There is a free plugin that helps create this look which you can check out here.
2. Greyscale has a new tutorial here.
3. Here’s a great artist who specializes in the low-poly look. Great inspiration!
4. Sam Welker has a screencast of his process, plus a whole list of inspiration to check out here.
5. And finally, Sockgardener has been doing a series on his blog where he takes an old painting and then models it low-poly to re-create the painting. I love these! Check out his blog to see a bunch more of them.
If you want to try your hand at the low-poly technique, hopefully this list will give you a good place to start. Happy December everyone!
If you know of any other great low-poly resources, please comment below!