We’re launching a new texturing contest this month! It’s going to be a really fun one. The main thing to learn on this project is how to use roughness maps to add realism, smudges and details to your renders. Here’s the lowdown. We just launched a free mini-pack of roughness maps from Blemish Pro. It has 5 free maps. In this texturing contest we’re going to use those 5 maps to come up with the best render.
Here are the rules:
- Take the 5 roughness maps, and use ALL of them in your one scene. Be creative in how you use each of them, but you have to use all 5. (There are some tutorials on this page, showing how to use roughness maps).
- The theme is “Household Scene.” This gives you a ton of room for interpretation, but should give you enough direction to focus your effort. Here are some examples: a kitchen counter, a office desktop, a close up of decorations on a shelf, a desk with random objects on it, a close up of any artwork or knick knacks on a table etc.
- Send me your final render to [email protected]
- The top 5 winners will get a free product from our store.
- EVERY ENTRY will receive a free private 20% off discount code for Blemish Pro if you want to buy it.
- The contest will end on July 31st.
I’m stoked to see what you come up with. Learn something new, dive into roughness map use, crack open a new render engine etc. The goal is to learn some new skills and have fun.
Here are some renders as examples of “Household Scenes” that might inspire you: